Today, we’re putting all of the electonics into a Hammond Box to protect them when they’re installed near the lathe. We’ll start with a bare CHKO (NEMA Type 1) enclosure, cut holes for ventilation and cables, mount and wire everything up.
If you’d like to do this upgrade on your lathe, here are some of the parts and tools I used:
- Teco-Westinghouse L510 1HP VFD (Amazon*): https://amzn.to/2F2X7a8
- Leeson 1800RPM D80 Motor: http://www.electricmotorwholesale.com/LEESON-192241.html
- 20A Power Line Noise Suppressor (Amazon*): https://amzn.to/2HAcaxs
- Hammond 12x12x6 Box: https://www.wistexllc.com/chko12126-12-x-12-x-6-hinged-cover-enclosure-with-knockouts.html
- Noga Deburring Set (Amazon*): http://amzn.to/2xMfiPz
- Allen Metric Metric Hex Key Set (*Amazon): http://amzn.to/2BVUYNw
*These are affiliate links. When you click one of these links and make a purchase, it helps to support projects like this one.