Today we’re machining the scraper shank. One end get a tapered tang for the handle, and the other gets a pocket to hold the insert and a threaded hole for the clamp. We’re milling these features on the G0704 CNC mill.
If I have carbide inserts available, they will be listed here: https://goo.gl/6xE9xs
This is my listing. Clicking this link and making a purchase helps to support the channel and projects like this one.
If you’re following along with the build, here are some of the tools we’re using this week:
- YG-1 4-Flute Carbide 1/4″ end mill (eBay*): https://goo.gl/1dLomn
- 50MM Face Mill with APKT inserts (eBay*): https://goo.gl/npAADu
- YG-1 1/4″ 120 degree spotting drill (eBay*): https://goo.gl/6zqTzb
- Noga Deburring Set (Amazon*): http://amzn.to/2xMfiPz
- Noga MC1700 Mini-Cool Kit (Amazon*): https://amzn.to/2qgemiM
- CRC SL2512 Soluble Oil (Amazon*): https://amzn.to/2qhWswk
*These are affiliate links. When you click one of these links and make a purchase, it helps to support projects like this one.