This week, we’re finishing up the hand scraper by making the handle insert. The insert screws into the back of the handle, locking it onto its taper and providing an anchor point for handle accessories. We also do a little engraving to finish up the tool.
If I have carbide inserts available, they will be listed here: https://goo.gl/6xE9xs
This is my listing. Clicking this link and making a purchase helps to support the channel and projects like this one.
Here are some of the materials and tools used in the video:
- Kyocera CCMT060204-HQ Cermet Inserts (eBay*): https://goo.gl/pDhFAs
- Shars CCMT0602 RH turning tool holder (eBay*): https://goo.gl/Q1Jsdp
- Noga Deburring Set (Amazon*): http://amzn.to/2xMfiPz
- Allen SAE Hex Key Set (*Amazon): http://amzn.to/2BsnIfP
- Shars 0-6″ .0001″ micrometer set (eBay*): https://goo.gl/vvgJ9A
- YG-1 4-Flute Carbide 1/4″ end mill (eBay*): https://goo.gl/1dLomn
- RapidTap Cutting Fluid for steel (eBay*): https://goo.gl/2vgW9H
- CRC SL2512 Soluble Oil (Amazon*): https://amzn.to/2qhWswk
- Scotch Brite Maroon Very Fine (eBay*): https://goo.gl/yEjjXF
- Scotch Brite Gray Ultra Fine (eBay*): https://goo.gl/oeYfvF
*These are affiliate links. When you click one of these links and make a purchase, it helps to support projects like this one.