This is a fun little project that sprang forth from an idle comment in a previous video. I needed a large screwdriver to tighten the handle insert in my hand scraper. So, we’re building one.
In this video, I show some tips and tricks for modeling curved 3D shapes to make thee CAM easier in Fusion 360. We mill the part out of W1 tool steel and heat treat it in the shop and the kitchen oven to make a durable tool.
Tools used in this video:
- HHIP Mill Vise Stop (*Amazon): https://amzn.to/2Ki5VeP
- ER40 Collet Blocks (*eBay): https://goo.gl/j857ex
- Shars ER-40 Collets (*eBay): https://goo.gl/2xDPjF
- YG-1 4-Flute Carbide 1/4″ end mill (eBay*): https://goo.gl/1dLomn
- Shars 0-6″ .0001″ micrometer set (eBay*): https://goo.gl/vvgJ9A
- Bernzomatic TS8000 High Intensity Torch (Amazon*): https://amzn.to/2M76da5
- Bernzomatic Extension Torch Hose Kit (Amazon*): https://amzn.to/2LKBDHp
*These are affiliate links. When you click one of these links and make a purchase, it helps to support projects like this one.