Today we’re starting on a spindle lock for the G0704 mill. I’d like to eventually do some vertical broaching in the mill, but the Grizzly G0704 has no provision for locking the spindle, so there’s no way to keep the broach from turning.
We’ll look at the design for a two-clamp spindle lock, and then CNC mill the clamps out of blocks of aluminum.
Here are some of the tools used in this video:
- YG-1 3/8″ Alu-Power end mill (eBay*): https://goo.gl/g6Kpp7
- YG-1 1/4″ Alu-Power end mill (eBay*): https://goo.gl/GpBkLh
- YG-1 1/4″ 120 degree spotting drill (eBay*): https://goo.gl/6zqTzb
- Noga MC1700 Mini-Cool Kit (Amazon*): https://amzn.to/2qgemiM
- CRC SL2512 Soluble Oil (Amazon*): https://amzn.to/2qhWswk
*These are affiliate links. When you click one of these links and make a purchase, it helps to support projects like this one.