Today we’re finally starting to put the electonic leadscrew components on the lathe. We’ll talk about timing belt drives for both the encoder and the stepper or servo, we’ll make mounting brackets and get this thing ready to actually run.
Firmware on GitHub:
Parts and tools used in this video:
- YG-1 1/4″ Alu-Power end mill (eBay): https://ebay.to/2TRY4tM
- YG-1 1/8″ Alu-Power end mill (eBay): https://ebay.to/2ANVkXj
- YG-1 4-Flute Carbide 1/4″ end mill (eBay): https://ebay.to/2QRDK9S
- YG-1 1/4″ 120 degree spotting drill (eBay): https://ebay.to/2MayWfj
- Allen Metric Metric Hex Key Set (Amazon): http://amzn.to/2BVUYNw
- Noga MC1700 Mini-Cool Kit (Amazon): https://amzn.to/2qgemiM
- CRC SL2512 Soluble Oil (Amazon): https://amzn.to/2qhWswk
- NEMA23 Closed-Loop Servo Motor and Driver (eBay): https://ebay.to/2XShCQH
- Omron 1024 p/r rotary encoder (eBay*): https://ebay.to/2ROm03J
*These are affiliate links. When you click one of these links and make a purchase, it helps to support projects like this one.