Today is the day you’ve all been waiting for; we’re making our first cuts with the electronic leadscrew. In steel. We test out the various feed rates at different depths and try cutting a couple of different threads. Look ma: no change gears!
Firmware on GitHub:
Some of the tools and parts used in this video:
- External carbide threading tool: (eBay): https://goo.gl/mtD1DV
- Shars CCMT0602 RH turning tool holder (eBay): https://goo.gl/Q1Jsdp
- Kyocera CCMT060204-HQ Cermet Inserts (eBay): https://goo.gl/pDhFAs
- NEMA23 Closed-Loop Servo Motor and Driver (eBay): https://ebay.to/2XShCQH
- Omron 1024 p/r rotary encoder (eBay*): https://ebay.to/2ROm03J
*These are affiliate links. When you click one of these links and make a purchase, it helps to support projects like this one.