Can the ELS cut metric threads? Yes, it can. Today we’re going to talk about hybrid metric threading, talk about when you can and can’t unlock the halfnut, and finally cut some threads.
Firmware on GitHub:
Some of the tools and parts used in this video:
- External carbide threading tool: (eBay): https://goo.gl/mtD1DV
- Shars CCMT0602 RH turning tool holder (eBay): https://goo.gl/Q1Jsdp
- Kyocera CCMT060204-HQ Cermet Inserts (eBay): https://goo.gl/pDhFAs
- NEMA23 Closed-Loop Servo Motor and Driver (eBay): https://ebay.to/2XShCQH
- Omron 1024 p/r rotary encoder (eBay*): https://ebay.to/2ROm03J
*These are affiliate links. When you click one of these links and make a purchase, it helps to support projects like this one.