In preparation for selling PC boards for the electronic leadscrew, I’m putting together a bed-of-nails (POGO pin) test fixture so I can test the boards without soldering on connectors. I show how I aligned the pins and got them all to the same height to mesh properly with the board under test.
I tried a few different kinds of solder and flux before finding a combination that worked properly.
Stuff used in this video:
- POGO Pins P75-E2/E3 (eBay): https://ebay.to/2VYLLhE
- Chipquik Water Wash No-Clean Tack Flux (Amazon): https://amzn.to/32NdZOI
- Kester #951 No-Clean Flux Pen (Amazon): https://amzn.to/2KfuZq4
- Hakko FX-951 Soldering Station (Amazon): https://amzn.to/2XB9CD0
- Hakko 611-2 Dual Solder Reel Stand (Amazon): https://amzn.to/2H0Yhaf
- StickVise PCB Vise (Amazon): https://amzn.to/2YIvyxq
- High Temperature ESD Safe Mat (Amazon*): https://amzn.to/2Xz0n6D
*These are affiliate links. When you click one of these links and make a purchase, it helps to support projects like this one.