This week we’re making a tailstock die holder for the lathe. We have some projects coming up soon that will require external threads, and using a die will be a lot easier than single-pointing the threads.
If you’d like to build one yourself, drawings are available:Tailstock Die Holder Drawing v3
Here are some of the tools used:
- YG-1 1/4″ 120 degree spotting drill (eBay*): https://goo.gl/6zqTzb
- 7mm CCMT0602 boring bar (eBay*): https://goo.gl/tJj6Xj
- Shars CCMT0602 RH turning tool holder (eBay*): https://goo.gl/Q1Jsdp
- ZLiveCenter 3MT triple ball bearing live center (eBay*): https://goo.gl/nE1u2o
- Kyocera CCMT060204-HQ Cermet Inserts (eBay*): https://goo.gl/pDhFAs
- Shars CCGX 21.52 insert for aluminum (eBay*): https://goo.gl/t3CWy8
- Noga Deburring Set (Amazon*): http://amzn.to/2xMfiPz
- General Tools Tap Wrench Set (Amazon*): http://amzn.to/2znrcOW
- A9 Cutting Fluid for aluminum (eBay*): https://goo.gl/SPe2DL
*These are affiliate links. When you click one of these links and make a purchase, it helps to support projects like this one.