Today we’re finishing up the tailstock threading die holder for the lathe. This is part 2.
We have some projects coming up that will involve small external threads, and using threading dies will be a lot easier than single-pointing all of the threads.
If you’d like to build one yourself, drawings are here:Tailstock Die Holder Drawing v3
Here are some of the tools used:
- YG-1 1/4″ 120 degree spotting drill (eBay*): https://goo.gl/6zqTzb
- 7mm CCMT0602 boring bar (eBay*): https://goo.gl/tJj6Xj
- Shars CCMT0602 RH turning tool holder (eBay*): https://goo.gl/Q1Jsdp
- ZLiveCenter 3MT triple ball bearing live center (eBay*): https://goo.gl/nE1u2o
- Kyocera CCMT060204-HQ Cermet Inserts (eBay*): https://goo.gl/pDhFAs
- Shars CCGX 21.52 insert for aluminum (eBay*): https://goo.gl/t3CWy8
- Noga Deburring Set (Amazon*): http://amzn.to/2xMfiPz
- General Tools Tap Wrench Set (Amazon*): http://amzn.to/2znrcOW
- A9 Cutting Fluid for aluminum (eBay*): https://goo.gl/SPe2DL
*These are affiliate links. When you click one of these links and make a purchase, it helps to support projects like this one.