We CNC mill these bolts in-house to our specifications. The process we use produces parallel teeth that provide excellent drive traction on a variety of filament types, including flexible filaments. They will not cause filament to twist or grind. The teeth are directional to provide maximum grip in all of our extruders:
- Itty Bitty Belted Extruder
- Itty Bitty Double Extruder
- Itty Bitty Double FLEX Extruder
The double extruders require two bolts.
If you’re using this bolt in one of our Itty Bitty extruders, we recommend starting with an E-Steps setting of 615 steps/mm.
- One (1) hobbed extruder bolt
- Two (2) washers
- Two (2) jam nuts
- Bolt diameter: 5/16 inch (~8mm)
- Length: 2 inches
- Teeth: 20
- Distance from teeth to bolt head: 14.1mm
- Material: Steel
- Filament Diameter: 1.75mm or 3mm